Applying for permanent residency in Canada after a year of work experience in Canada
is for the best. The required one-year work experience should be checked properly when
preparing for the permanent residency application to increase the chances of obtaining
permanent residency and save time. It is advantageous to obtain permanent residency after
checking in advance whether the first job you choose is a work that is recognized in the system,
a work that can give you extra points, or a work that you prefer to do in Canada.

Weigh your options like eligible skilled worker occupations, occupations that give additional points in the system, and most wanted occupations. One of the growing hot careers among the applicants is early childhood educators. The applicants with the occupation of early childhood education receive bonus points in the system and additional governmental supports (funding).

According to local circumstances, parents with children in Canada are placed on the waiting list for an average of three to six months for their children to enter in childcare centers.

In 2019, the Canadian government announced the establishment of more than 3,800 childcare
facilities, and they are reliably receiving high employment rates and high salaries. The average
hourly wage for early childhood educators is around $17, and the government also pays an additional $1 an hour.

There are three main advantages of applying for immigration as an early childhood
educator. First, you must obtain an early childhood education certificate. You must graduate
from a Canadian school or complete a certificate from foreign credential recognized schools. If
you have obtained a certificate through a Canadian school, you will be able to receive additional
points on your permanent residency. Second, if you apply for British Columbia provincial
nominee program (BC PNP), early childhood educators are listed in the in-demand occupations
by British Columbia government, so you can get extra points when applying for permanent
residency. Third, you can get labour market impact assessment (LMIA) from your employer
more easily. The biggest concern for childcare centre owners is labour shortage. Many
employers support persons with ECE license to work at their centers. This opens all up great
opportunities to find an employer, obtain a work permit, and receive a permanent residency

For the above reasons, people who want to immigrate to Canada are trying to acquire an
early childhood education certificate and build their careers. One of the advantages of becoming
certified early childhood educators is that they also can open a childcare center in their own
homes after obtaining a permanent residence. There are three main courses in applying for
immigration to Canada as an early childhood educator:
Early childhood education license: graduate from a school in Canada or obtain and convert an
early childhood education license from your country.
Find your employer in Canada: one year of work experience in Canada is often a great help to
immigrate to Canada.

Permanent residency: An average of six months is required for the process of Express Entry
and an average of nine months is required for applications for the process of the combine of
Express Entry and BCPNP (EEBC).

If you proceed with one of above methods, you can obtain a permanent residency in Canada
within 1.5 to 2 years on average after obtaining the license.

When preparing to immigrate to Canada, I have seen many cases where employment is
not so simple without any skills. However, if you get a license as an early childhood educator, it
will be much easier to get a permanent residency and settle down in Canada. Government of
Canada recognizes a labour shortage and provide opportunities for permanent residency and
financial supports. If you are considering to immigrate to Canada, I recommend you to think
about working as an early childhood educator in Canada.