The COVID-19 has eased the application requirements for Post-Gradiation Work Permit (PGWP) for graduation from Canadian schools. PGWP is a work permit that provides open work permit for students who have completed their studies in Canada for up to three years and is very helpful to international students who help them gain experience in Canada or even proceed with permanent residency. However, as COVID-19 has recently prevented students from attending school properly and thus failed to meet the requirements for applying for PGWP, the Immigration Bureau announced that it would simplify the regulation on PGWP for the time being.

To apply for a traditional Post-Gradiation Work Permit (PGWP), you had to meet the three conditions below.

1. Applications must be accepted within 180 days of completion of the program. The study permit must be valid before applying, but if not, you must extend it to the visor permit in Canada or apply for PGWP overseas. If you are in Canada but do not have a valid permit, you must apply for a PGWP with a Restoration application.

2. I have to graduate from school in Canada. Because not all schools and programs in Canada meet the requirements of the PGWP application, they must complete the PGWP application-capable program of the school published by the CIC, and the duration of the program must be at least eight months. You must also be a Full-Time student during the program period and not take part-time classes in the middle. However, in the case of the last semester, they acknowledge even if they take part-time classes.
3. PGWP is a program that can be received only once. In other words, applicants who have received PGWP before cannot get PGWP again even if they graduate from another school.

In this PGWP deregulation, even if you can't submit a physical examination with Biometric, if you have applied for it, you won't say no until you complete the physical examination with Biometric. This can be attributed to the recent closure of most biometric centers and hospitals that allow physical examinations.

Also, in order to apply for PGWP, you need a formal certificate and report card. However, as the school closed, students who graduated recently but did not receive a certificate and report card can apply for PGWP temporarily. If you apply for PGWP without a certificate and report card, you can legally reside in Canada and work until the results are released, and this period may be recognized as a career when applying for EE permanent residency later. However, if you apply for PGWP with a certificate and report card up, you must submit the relevant billing description together, and you must submit the related documents to the immigration office later.

As with the PGWP application conditions above, all classes except the last semester must be full-time to apply for PGWP, but the number of online classes or classes available to attend has decreased recently, so we announced that the winter and summer classes in 2020 will not affect PGWP applications later. This is great news for students who have been forced to attend Part-Time classes due to COVID-19 recently.
As such, the Immigration Bureau has eased regulations on PGWP and has sent hopeful messages to students who have to apply for PGWP in the future or those who have to apply for it now, and it has a message that it will continue to favor not only international students but also foreign employment and permanent residency.