Now not only Canada but also the world is not doing normal economic activities due to COVID-19. As a result, many workers are suffering, especially those who work permit who are preparing for permanent residency in Canada. As a result, a common concern for work permit holders working in Canada is what happens when they lose their jobs and how they affect immigration applications.

First of all, the Work Permitholder may not know exactly whether or not he/she can stay in Canada after losing his/her job and how to deal with it. In conclusion, there are many ways to stay in Canada even after you lose your job.

In the case of Work Permit holders through LMIA, if they receive a Work Permit via LMIA, they have a Closed Work Permit, and even if they are currently unemployed, they can legally stay in Canada until the Work Permit expires. But you can't work elsewhere. In other words, if you receive a Work Permit through LMIA, it is a Work Permit that you have already set up and received so that you can work for a particular employer and a specific job in a particular region. Therefore, if you work through this Work Permit, you must work with the employer as defined by LMIA. However, if you are forced to lose your job, you can stay in Canada like a visitor until the work permit expires without leaving Canada. If you want to work elsewhere, you can find another employer and start a new job with LMIA and Work Permit.

Unlike the Closed Open Work Permit above, Open Work Permit holders are free to find and work with their employers during the Open Work Permit period. You don't need to get a new work permit like Closed Open Work Permit. This makes it easier to find new employers than Closed Work Permit.

If your current work permit expires soon or has already expired, you must apply for a new Work Permit application before it expires. Alternatively, you should apply for Study Permit or Visitor Permit to maintain a legal status to stay in Canada. If you applied for a new permittance before the expiration of the current permittivity, you can legally stay in Canada until the results of the new permittance are released, and your status is called "implified status."

If you have not applied for a new permittion before the current permittivity is over, you will be given a period of permit restoration, called Restoration, within 90 people from the time the permittion expires. If you restore the restoration within this period, you can live in Canada while waiting.

You also need to know exactly how your previous career is recognized when you lose your job. If you quit your job in the middle due to unemployment, your career will be recognized from the date you started to quit, and if you start working again in a new job, your career will continue from then on. For example, if you work for six months in a job called A and work for another six months in a job called B after losing your job, your total career can be recognized for one year.

In addition, at a time when there is a lot of interest in employment and permanent residency, I hope you will find out the exact information and how to deal with it and make sure that you are prepared not only for the extension of the work permit but also for permanent residency in the future.